Banner photo of Larry Eugene Meredith, Ronald Tipton and Patrick Flynn, 2017.

The good times are memories
In the drinking of elder men...

-- Larry E.
Time II

Monday, May 31, 2010

Tribute to Mrs. Tipton

In the third grade I met a boy who became my closest friend for all those years growing up and he continues to be a friend even now, 60 years after we first met.

During our childhood I visited his homes, for he moved at least three times in those years, and his mother always made me feel welcome.

She was a wonderful woman, whose greatest feature was this marvelous smile. There are these rare people in this world who can light up everything around them when they smile.

She was one of those people.

She died yesterday at the age of 86 and this world has been made a little dimmer by the absent of her smile.

Thank you, Betty Tipton for having graced us for so long. Rest in peace.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Larry,

Thank you for your lovely tribute to my Mother. Mom always liked you. I have to admit, at time I was a bit jealous :) I'll say goodbye for you today when I see her for the last time.

Your friend always,

Ron

Ron said...

I love this picture of my Mom.