Banner photo of Larry Eugene Meredith, Ronald Tipton and Patrick Flynn, 2017.

The good times are memories
In the drinking of elder men...

-- Larry E.
Time II

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Winter Fall

It turns out I guessed right about my left knee when I noticed my pants stuck to the kneecap after my walk. I am rather surprised actually. My skid and fall did not seem all that bad, no big face plant or anything.

I just felt a foot go faster and further than I had intended and then my rear leg crumble like a punctured accordion behind me.

I did a little twist and went forward down like a dog to on all fours.

My jeans are of heavy material and the sidewalk was covered with a couple inches of snow. But here is what resulted as I discovered when I rolled my pant leg up. Pretty, ain't she.

Now the darn thing hurts because it keeps rubbing against the inside pant's material every time I move.

I rather thought skinned knees were past me when I reached 15.

Apparently not!

1 comment:

Ron said...

Oh Larry, it was a good thing you didn't brace yourself when you fell. That's what I did when I did serious injury to my wrist and arm a month ago. Please be careful when out walking in this muck, ice and snow. It is too easy to take a fall with serious consequences. I took my fall last month as a warning. Now I am very, very careful.
By the way, you took a chunk out of your knee. I can't stand the sight of blood. I got a little lightheaded when I brought your posting up.