Banner photo of Larry Eugene Meredith, Ronald Tipton and Patrick Flynn, 2017.

The good times are memories
In the drinking of elder men...

-- Larry E.
Time II

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Follow Up on Retired in delaware's Latest Meme to Keep Him Happy


1. What colour are your socks? 

It’s summer. I’m not wearing socks. I hate socks with sneakers. I only wore socks to Rehoboth because I knew you’d make me take my shoes off to enter your house and I wasn’t sure what the deal would be at the photo shop. Now I’m back to normal, no socks.


2. What are you listening to right now?

Nothing.


3. What was the last thing you ate? 

Chocolate-covered peanuts.


4. Can you drive a stick shift?

I learned to drive on a stick shift, took my driver’s test on a stick shift. My first car was a stick shift. I have owned a couple of cars since which were stick, a VW Beetle and a Toyota five-speed stick shift. I have driven pickups and box trucks with stick. Yeah, I can drive a stick shift. Doesn’t mean I want to.


5. Last person you spoke to on the phone? 

My mom telling me my dad was going in for surgery next Thursday and asking me to come up on that day, which I will.


6. Do you like the person who sent this to you? 

I’ve been friends with him since 1950. But the question is, do I like him? Hmmm, I’ll have to think about it.



7. How old are you today? 

I’m 69 years and 363 days old.



8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? 

Baseball, although tonight I’ll be watching from the stadium as the Blue Rocks take on the Hillcats.


9. What is your favorite drink?

Turkey Hill Orange Iced Tea.  I’m finding it difficult to find in the stores near me, though.


10. Have you ever dyed your hair? 

No.


11. Favorite food?

Sometimes it’s this; sometimes it’s that.

12. What is the last movie you watched? 

“Lost in Translation”


13. Favorite day of the year? 


Day after Christmas. Don’t get me wrong. I love Christmas, but the day after is a time to really enjoy because all the hoopla and hype is over.


14. How do you vent? 

I throw things. I have to get pretty angry, though, and fortunately I am fairly easy going, because when I do throw things I usually break something I wish I hadn’t.


15. What was your favorite toy as a child? 

Electric Trains.



16. What is your favorite season? 

Fall, then Spring.



17. Cherries or Blueberries? 

Cherries, I guess. I never particularly liked blueberries. I’d rather have raspberries or strawberries. I like cherry pie, especially with ice cream. I never liked cherry flavored candy.


18. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back?

I don't care. 

19. Who is the most likely to respond? 

I don’t know.



20. Who is least likely to respond?

Most.


21. Living situation?

Married for 50 years (this September). Yes, to the same person. Two of three kids living with us. Just scraping by.


22. When was the last time you cried? 

A couple weeks ago when Little Man died.


23. What is on the floor of your closet right now? 

Good grief, I don’t know! If you mean the bedroom closet, nothing of mine, except one pair of shoes. A lot of other stuff my wife has put in there. If you mean this computer room closet, then three file cabinets. If you mean the entry way closet, more stuff my wife put there, nothing of mine.


24. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to? 

Ronald, Retired in Delaware. We became friend 61 years ago this year. Our mutual Friend Stuart is probably in that same neighborhood, but I don’t think Stuart reads this Blog.


25. What did you do last night? 

My wife and I went out to dinner at Dead Presidents in Wilmington.


26. What are you most afraid of?

Losing my mind.


27. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?

Horseradish Dijon or Smoke House BBQ Cheeseburgers at Barnabys.



28. Favorite dog breed? 

Labrador Retriever


29. Favorite day of the week?

Any day I wake up.


30. How many states have you lived in?

Three- Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware



31. Diamonds or pearls?

Who cares?


32. What is your favorite flower?

Pretty ones.


33. What is your current favorite song? 

I don’t know.


34. Read any good books lately? 

Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain; Sin in the Second City by Karen Abbott; Life by Keith Richards


1 comment:

Ron said...

Good meme Larry! Hey, what do you mean in "I'll have to think about it?" Hmmmmm indeed!