Banner photo of Larry Eugene Meredith, Ronald Tipton and Patrick Flynn, 2017.

The good times are memories
In the drinking of elder men...

-- Larry E.
Time II

Sunday, February 8, 2015

When I was in Demand: Catherine Rooney's

Occasionally, in the decade past, I was in demand and appeared here and yon to read. On March 8, 2003, I was invited to be a featured poet at Catherine Rooney's Pub in Trolley Square, Wilmington.

We were in a crowded upstair room and I shared the spotlight that evening with a fellow Delaware Poet, Stephen P. Koelsch. He read first and I finished them off, so to speak.

We were different styles so nothing clashed. I believe Steve read several Poems that would appear later in his book, Dancing Bare. His poems were more inward and introspective. Mine tend to bounce about a bit,,jolly to sombre and what I read came from different decades of my life and varied collections.

 This is Steve contemplating a poem while seated at a table in Franco's a year later.










I decided to record a rereading of my program that night and preserve it for mankind, assuming man is kind and will accept it.

Here is the film:







No comments: