Banner photo of Larry Eugene Meredith, Ronald Tipton and Patrick Flynn, 2017.

The good times are memories
In the drinking of elder men...

-- Larry E.
Time II

Saturday, June 30, 2018

The Great and Colorful Arden Fair

 I live very near The Ardens and every year on Labor Day Weekend there is the Great Arden Fair.The fair is colorful, but let me say, The Ardens themselves are colorful. I say The Ardens because it is comprised of three villages each with its separate government: The Village of Arden, Ardentown and Ardencroft. It was founded in 1900 inspired by two social movements of the time, William Morris' Arts and Crafts Movement and Ebenezer Howard's Garden City Movement It is a single tax community after the economics of Henry George.  It is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.  Beryl Ives once lived there.

It remains a center for artists and such and is a very interesting place to walk through. The architecture of the homes is eclectic, to say the east.  It also has the Candlelight Dinner Theater, where Broadway shows are performed, and the Grid Hall where regular concerts are featured, as well as Shakespeare and Poetry recitals.

I use to walk up to the fair, but since I got what I got, I can't do that anymore. I haven't been there since 2015. So here is a compilation of photos I took from 2007 through 2015. Look closely, you may catch me there. Look quicker and you may spot my daughter, Noelle, as well. My friend Don, a friend and fellow Delawarean Poet, is in one picture. He is a big heavy-set guy wearing a red Blogfest shirt, an event he attends in Phoenixville regularly.




No comments: