Banner photo of Larry Eugene Meredith, Ronald Tipton and Patrick Flynn, 2017.

The good times are memories
In the drinking of elder men...

-- Larry E.
Time II

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Rehab: Part Hospital, Jail, Insane Asylum, 19



 

I guess I escaped to home just in time.  On Monday ABC News reported sudden outbreaks in the Long Term facilities. 


The First State is seeing new COVID-19 outbreaks at long-term care facilities.

Delaware’s Division of Public Health says it is looking into a surge in cases at several facilities and highlighted three in particular.

DPH reports Kentmere Rehabilitation and Health Care Center in Wilmington has seen 28 residents and 24 staff members test positive.

The First State is seeing new COVID-19 outbreaks at long-term care facilities.

Delaware’s Division of Public Health says it is looking into a surge in cases at several facilities and highlighted three in particular.

DPH reports Kentmere Rehabilitation and Health Care Center in Wilmington has seen 28 residents and 24 staff members test positive.

Testing has found 19 residents and less than 10 staff members at Cadia Healthcare Silverside in North Wilmington are COVID positive.

Cadia on Silverside was were I was stored for 40 days. I was stunned when this was report. I had felt very safe while there. They took a lot precautions.  New patients, as I had been, were quarantined for 14 days. You were not allowed in the hallways with wearing a mask. I went through 4 masks while there. The therapists and staff wiped down anything used with disinfectant every time. The place was very clean and got daily cleanings. Everyone was tested monthly, staff and patients. I was tested during my quarantine and again the evening before I was discharged. If they got all those positive tests since I left, then nowhere is truly safe.  

1 comment:

Ron said...

Lar,
You escaped just in time. Those facilities are petri dishes of infections.
Ron