Banner photo of Larry Eugene Meredith, Ronald Tipton and Patrick Flynn, 2017.

The good times are memories
In the drinking of elder men...

-- Larry E.
Time II

Sunday, October 25, 2020

My Artistic Friends Over the Years Part 13: Randy V.

 

I sold an article to Animal Lover's Magazine in 1974 and moved n from the Philadelphia Group and being something of a Hippie and a Hedonist. I had found Jesus in that period and except for some poems, most of my writing was done either as business publications or Christian one.  I became a Youth Pastor and wrote some little plays for the youth.

Lois and I also moved to Ski Mountain in New Jersey. That ski resort is no longer in existence. As it was, after we left the area, Donald Trump bought Ski Mountain and turned it into one of his golf clubs.


I teamed up with Randy Van Der Veer, who was the son of Pastor Van Der Veer and his wife then running the Cedar Land Missionary Homes. These were cottages where Missionaries could stay when they came out of the field.  (Beth and Randy Van Der Veer pictured .

Some what ironically, the Van Der Veers started a church in Claymont, Delaware, in a former movie
theater called Bible Baptist.  It later moved to a spot on Darley Road and went through some name changes: Northlife Community Church and now Iron Faith Fellowship, which is where I now am a member.

Randy Van Der Veer wrote a Play called, "A Little Fuss" which we took the crucifixion of Jesus and put it in a contemporary setting.


I wrote some plays of my own during this time, such as a musical and gospel

review, "Words of Life", where the youth starred and we took it out to other churches and nursing homes to preform.


     I also started a magazine, which I edited. This was mainly for the youth to write in, although I did some essays in it. 
     
     We put it out weekly.

No comments: